Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sung Tan Chuk Ha

This is Korean's Christmas greeting, Sung Tan Chuk Ha!

People around the world celebrate the birth of Christ. We may have different ways to celebrate and different languages as greetings but we have a common love and joy for the infant Jesus.
Photobucket

It’s nice to know that 25% of South Koreans are Christians and Christmas Day is also an official holiday there. Exchange gifts are also popular and they usually have snow at Christmas! Oh I would love to experience that. Korea is one of the countries on my to visit list. Watching Korean Dramas almost every single day made me accustomed to various Korean activities and way of living. Of course language would be a great barrier but if they have car rental South Africa then it may work out fine.

On Korean Drama note, I finished watching Flower Boy Ramyun Shop but don’t have time to blog my thoughts about it. It might be my last Korean Drama for this year (or may not) because of other commitments. And I’m working on my squidoo lenses which are all about the Top 10 Korean Dramas for 2011.

So once again Sung Tan Chuk Ha (Merry Christmas) and Sehe Bokmanee Bateuseyo (Happy New Year)!

6 comments:

Sining Factory said...

I want to visit Korea too. And this would be a nice place to celebrate ang pinapangarap kong White Christmas. Yippeee! Merry Christmas, I know its late but araw araw naman pasko. :) Happy 2012 to you.

EdZee said...

I do not know how to say "Belated Merry Christmas" in Korean but that is how I want to greet you today.

I have had not so good business deals with Koreans but that should not prevent you from admiring their movie dramas. After all, the real world is different from the movie world.

Christia's World said...

Happy Christmas to you as well. Interesting to know that a significant % of the Korean population is Christian...

Gil Camporazo said...

One of my ambitions is to be linguist. In my college days, I wrote essay in Spanish. And I did it well. All of my Spanish articles were published in our official college publication. I'm no follower of any Korean dramas. But one TV serials on Korean drama, I forgot the title, I loved and enjoyed watching it. I didn't able to start at the very beginning of the said TV series, but I was able to monitor the late and final series of the said Korean drama in TV. I like their style, the plot and the way the characters played their roles.

chrisair said...

Good to know that they celebrating Christmas too because I also love them, merry christmas

tndcallphilippines said...

South Korea has seemed to me - a very reserved country.. strangely I dont hear or see much Korea tourist ads. But, yep! this is a country I too would like to visit one day. :)