Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

KDrama: Dream High



I was first reluctant to watch this musical themed drama, thinking it was a Glee-popularity-driven-whatsoever-thing, but I was W-R-O-N-G!

Just the first episode completely nailed me and I went to watch the next 9 episodes straight. The story starts with the first ever Korean singer who won the Grammy’s in 2018, the singer “K” was said to have studied in Kirin Arts High School. Back to the present time, a number of aspiring idols took auditions to enter the prestigious school and so starts their grueling flight to stardom. But it’s not that simple, each kid has its own story to tell and their intertwining fates make it more complicated (I’ll probably need a separate post/s for this).

I already watch ep14 last night at
kimchidrama and read the recap of ep15 at dramabeans (thanks JB and GF!) this morning. I have to wait for another week for the last ep, now that’s the hardest part.

I so love this KDrama! I love Hye Mi, Sam Dong, Jin Gook, Pil Sook, Jason and Baek Hee (but I guess I love Sam Dong a little more, guilty!). I don’t care who turns up to be the singer “K”. They all deserve it.

---

Details
Title: 드림하이 / Dream High
Genre: School, romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-03 to 2011-Feb-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
Synopsis
Six students at Kirin Art High School work to achieve their dreams of becoming stars.
Cast
Kim Soo Hyun as Song Sam Dong
Taecyeon as Jin Gook / Hyun Shi Hyuk
Suzy as Go Hye Mi
Ham Eun Jung as Yoon Baek Hee
Wooyoung as Jason
IU as Kim Pil Sook
Picture and details from DramaWiki

No comments: