Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Confessions of a Drama Queen

(as published in my other
I'm a sucker for tv/ drama series, as if my own problems were not enough.

As long as I can remember I've been watching dramas all my life.

Being a national past-time, we tend to associate ourselves with the heroine and hate the kontrabida to the max.

From Filipino favorites to Mexican telenovelas to American Series to Asian dramas.

I've followed all those with special interest on the later.

Yup now I prefer Asian dramas particularly Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese dramas over other tv series.

I guess the main reason is that I can relate more with our asian counterparts than with the american lifestyle.

But with Filipino dramas I find it overrated, they use too much conflict for one storyline.

And thus the story became bothersome and unconvincing.My fave dramas/ tv series within the last 5 years

American TV series: Dawson's Creek, Smallville, Heroes

Kdramas: Coffee Prince, Full House, Princess Hours, Kim Sam Soon

JDramas: Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango

TwDramas: Fated to Love you, Devil Beside you, ISWAK, TKA

And alot more but I can't remember all of them - maybe i'll just ad them later.

Gosh! I think I already have memory gaps!

Maybe because I spent alot of my waking hours in front of a PC.

I usually have 5 hrs sleep and if I'm really into what I'm doing/ watching I can do with 2-3hrs.

Yup 2 hrs and lots of coffee with headache and grumpiness on the side.I'll do a separate posts for all my favorite dramas.

This is just an introduction to my other obsession.

And if you think this ends here, the answer is a big NO.

I still have alot.

I myself cannot understand where I can get my powers.

No comments: